Thursday, February 18, 2010

Is MS really MS?

I am not so sure anymore. Since I was diagnosed, I have looked into it. No matter how hard I try, I have never been able to trust doctors completely and realizing from the beginning that they really didn't know what caused MS, doubt set in upon me on the medication that was being prescribed. Recently, my doubt has grown even more. Perhaps I am the last MS diagnosed person to find out about Dr Zamboni and his findings. Perhaps not. Anyways, from how I understand it, MS is merely a symptom of something that isn't really a immune condition at all. What we are all subject to is a vascular condition where the blood flow from your brain and spine is constricted due to narrower than normal veins. That causes iron to collect there and allows the blood-brain barrier to be permeated and that is what causes the brain and spine lesions. Yes, maybe your legs feel numbness, but do they also feel heavy? Is your stamina down? Does it all make sense to you? It does to me. I want to know what is being done in this country to get this going? Dr Zamboni has pioneered a procedure similar to angioplasty where he expands the diameter of the veins. He has had incredible success. However, his success has been in Italy. I would like to know if there are doctors in this country who are going to Italy to learn what Dr Zamboni is doing.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Paul, I'm so glad to see you reappear on your blog. There are some really good blogs about CCSVI from the perspective of an MS patient. On the following one, you will also find a number of links that might be helpful. Good luck.

Judy

http://www.enjoyingtheride.com/2010/02/ccsvi-what-to-make-of-bnac-press.html