Friday, August 28, 2009

My Left Side


From that brain scan over there...and it is looking up, so that is the left side of my brain where you see the largest of my lesions...I have tried to figure out what is supposed to be happening to me. Experts have partitioned our brains, you know, tested, prodded, and made determinations about our brains of what they do and what they control and how they do it.

The left side solves problems by logically and sequentially looking at the parts of thing; the right side solves problems with hunches, looking for patterns and configuration. The left side looks at differences; the right side looks at similarities. I could go on, but this is just confusing me and making sense to me all at the same time!!! Why? Because, while each description is describing an opposite for the respective sides, to me it is describing the exact same thing, because to me, if you are consciously doing one, you subconsciously are doing the other. Maybe that is why I am a good puzzle-solver and test-taker.

So, while I think I have solved the human brain, what I am still wrestling with is how MS is effecting me and my brain, and what my brain does for me. It still does everything, just not as good as it used to. The things I notice are obvious to me. But, what am I not noticing? This intrigues me!


To be continued...

No comments: