Monday, August 10, 2009

Arrgh....Why Did I Do That!


I snuck into a movie the other day. YES! That is stealing, I know that! It was spur of the moment, just feeling wild again, if that is at all possible. Please forgive me, please. Anyways, I walked in to Funny People, thinking it was just a plain comedy, the usual fare from Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen...you know, nothing that is going to cause me to think beyond boy meets girl, boy does something really dumb, boy loses girl, boy learns from the experience, boy gets girl back, and everyone goes home wondering why they paid $9.50 for the last two hours of their lives...only in my case, I'm snickering because I was duped for nothing. I was wrong!

I didn't think these guys were capable of making something that related to me in some far-fetched sort of way. But they did and they did it in a way that kept me somewhat entertained throughout. So entertained was I, that I shrugged off the building "I'VE GOT TO PEE!" feeling until it came to what might be a slow spot in the story, when I rushed out to relieve myself, all the time trying to see if I could hear what was going on through the wall while relief was being delivered. No such luck!

I said this movie related to me some how, some way and it did. Except I'm not in the habit of spoiling people with explanations of movie plots before they have seen the movie, so I can only go into so much detail. Besides the overtones of humor, the movie also deals with death and disease, ooooohhhhh!!! I know, wow! Well, it deals with it with some humor but also boils it down to the sensitivity of it at the personal level and that is where it got me.

Let's just say, I enjoyed the movie; I enjoyed the humor; I enjoyed the acting; and the unexpected depth of it surprised me. Also, it is the first time I ever cried while watching an Adam Sandler movie and who would've thought that could ever happen to them? Not me, LOL!

No comments: